Vision prototype photo

Vision prototype photo
This is the Vision prototype designed/built by Steve Rahm in USA. and still being supported by Pro Composites Ltd. in USA. The aircraft is a 2 seat side by side, scratch built from a series of manuals. Built entirely of fiberglass and carbon cloth material the builder needs to know or learn some of the easy basics of composite construction. Building began Feb. 1998 in my spare time with 7 years where no building was possible. Building Hours at February 28, 2022: 4248.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some short videos of flights are at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxJXIwvmfNlNF3gwplFw7Q

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Rebuilt magnetos installed

 May 30 2023

What a lousy spring we had here,  I did not get out to begin working on the plane this year until the middle of May.

I removed my magnetos and via a local shop had them sent out to be professionally rebuilt.  As I get into flight testing there are a number of concerns that I have with engine equipment.  The engine was rebuilt but I never had any documentation on the magnetos so decided it was best to have them looked at.  A very good thing as both needed seals, bearings, condensers and one needed a new internal nylon gear.  Very happy that I did this , I am trying to reduce some of the sources of potential engine performance problems before they happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment